Wedding Countdown Ticker
Posted on Sunday, January 31, 2010
on Sunday, January 31, 2010

I was thinking about my fancy heels and how I didn't have a clue how I was going to stay above ground walking around in the grass with stilettos on so I did some research and found this blog by Kara and Groomzilla. Its pretty much my thoughts exactly. She posted this great pic which is the very thing Im worried about happening. 


Sad, tragic any of these words will suffice. 
So I found a few options. 

These are called Starlettos:
Sparkle
Personally I think they are a little too chunky. And they have glitter in them which I'm none to thrilled about. But they certainly look like they would do the trick. If all else failed. 

There are these:


These are by heelstoppers. Which are more discreet and come in a few colors. They have a lot of bejeweled versions that I personally think are ridiculous looking but again. They are better than nothing. 




Now these seem the best:








Mostly because they are the smallest and most discreet. They are pretty much one use only though whereas the others seemed to be reusable. I don't expect needing them after the wedding day but you never know. 





These last ones are called heels above:

main


I thought this photo was a great example of exactly what will happen without the assistance of  something like this. I also thought that it was ironic that my blog title was the same as their slogan without having seen it first. "A smart solution to a silly problem"  

The only thing discouraging that I noticed though was that all of the products are available through the UK. Are British women the only ones wearing stilettos outside? Do American women somehow not have a problem with their shoes sinking into the ground? 

Hm. 





Comments

Allison: I bet if you asked at your local bridal store, they'd have a solution to the stiletto problem. Worse case scenario, you'd have to put the bulk of your weight on the balls of your feet while you're on the grass, sort of like tip toeing through the tulips. I know, what a pain in the calfs, but whats a diva to do, right? Also, I love the first picture of blue shoes with the broach clip ons. The last picture looks like a quaker look, sorry, just didn't like them. The second ones are nice but not worth the price tag. If your dress is ivory, you're really not bound to a dark color, though if that's what you want who am I to argue, but try for a blue that has a little bit of green to it, like a light vintage blue. Just a thought.


You crack me up! I love your honesty! The brooch on the first is gorgeous isnt it. I like the greenish blue idea. Definitely gives me something to look for.


Post a Comment