Wedding Countdown Ticker
Posted on Saturday, January 23, 2010
on Saturday, January 23, 2010

Well I got a lot done this week.

Thanks to the help of my FI's sister I found a caterer and made a few planning changes that will make things run a lot more smoothly. I'm going with Fat Freddy's. And I'm hiring servers. I wasn't going to becuase I had originally thought, its a buffet what do I need people to do? Well it turns out I need them to do quite a bit. So I'm happy to have that out of the way. The only sad part is since I don't live there I miss out on doing a tasting. And thats the best part! Oh well.

I picked my invites. I know. I know. I already said that I picked my invites but after discussing it with my family the fabric idea was just more time consuming than I could commit to. But thats ok I'm happy with what I ended up with. I picked a preboxed invite kit by BRIDES.



Cute right? Well when I'm done with them they will be better. I made my own succulent graphic because originally I (as you well know by now) had plans to do my own. John is going to tinker with it to make it high quality and I'll put a large version of it in the corner with the wording over top. The inspiration for my wording style is not as ordinary as on this invite either. I'm going to use gray ink instead of black and the typeface will look more like this




Very retro. I likey!

So theres that.

 I found my dress which I am very very much in love with but I can't post it because I recently found out John reads my blog on occasion. I told him that this was the dress I got.



Hahahaha!

But I will say that I took a major leap of faith. You see, I fell in love with a couture gown. And so then I was stuck with what I thought were only two choices, (well one really) blow my entire wedding budget on my dress (not really an option but it is an idea) or find something else. But then, a third and rather risky option presented itself to me.

Order a designer impostor. Online. From China.

I weighed the options many times and flip flopped about what to do. But in the end what really sold me, aside from the $4000 savings was that the turnaround time of the online dress was about three times as fast. Could be good, could be bad. Needless to say I took the plunge and order it. So I got out my tape measure, had my mom take about 20 different measurements and sent them an email that very clearly stated what I wanted. And now, I hold my breath and wait.

I found this idea online at project wedding and I think it couldn't be more perfect for the them and style of my wedding. Plus we aren't serving alcohol so it shakes up the regular options.




DIY: An Old Fashioned Soda Bar article photo
Really though. Its genius.

And lastly I think I have come up with a very very clever idea for my guestbook. While this has not been something that I've been too concerned about I have known that I didn't want a traditional book that I would inevitably put in a box and never look at again. So last night I had really terrible insomnia and then the idea just hit me. But, I'm not going to tell you just yet. First I need to do my homework and get all the details together.

BYE!!!



Comments

Allison: Love your ideas. And let me just say that we got Sierra's wedding dress from an online China site and were extremely pleased with it. It is stunning, the craftsmanship was perfect, and the price, $130, was unbeatable. I think you'll be very happy with your dress. I trust you would never saunter down the isle in the dress you posted on your site, but just between you and me, it is cute, isn't it? That being said, it's immodest and not something you'll want to show your kids when you get older, wiser, and more refined.
I'm anxious to hear the details about the soda bottle thing and your guest book. Your wedding sounds so delightful and fun, I can't wait to go. Now if only I could lose a hundred pounds by May...hmmm.


Oh My dear you made me feel so much better about ordering my dress online. I really am nervous but I have resolved to the fact that at this point in the game whatever they send me is whatever I'm going to have to wear. Im really excited about the soda bar too! And the 100lbs part? Now thats just silly. Your going to look great I already know it! Cant wait to see you!


Post a Comment