Wedding Countdown Ticker
Posted on Sunday, November 01, 2009
on Sunday, November 01, 2009

I'm in the mood for a big bulky cowl and I happen to have a skien of some Lion Brand Thick and Quick in cream left from when I made my Wrenna. I was looking for something simple and bulky that was like the big beautiful cowls made by Fringe which I adore..  And I found the My Kind of Cowl pattern on Ravelry. I looked at it and said to myself "Yes. This is just what I was looking for. Super easy and simple. Why I could probably finish in a hour or so."

But, after reading the very simple and slight instructions I realized two things; 1) I don't know how to do a provisional cast on. And, 2)  I don't know how to graft. Which I know is other wise known as the Kitchener Stitch. A stitch I have read about many times but never attempted due to its complexity. So after watching this video on provisional cast on. Followed by this video on the Kitchener stitch. I'm off to make my seeming very simple cowl. And hopefully it will turn out like this.....


(this is the designers version)

Also, I did finish my star crossed hat for Christy. Actually I did it twice. At first I thought that I didn't want it to be as slouchy as it was in the pictures so I altered the pattern a bit. But then when I finished the hole thing it was a cap and not a beret at all. So after thinking about it for about a week I decided to pull the thing apart and start again. This time following the instructions as given and it turned out great. I finished a hat that I came up with on my own for Michele. I called it the Walrus and the Carpenter Hat. After my favorite book. Its a very simple thing with a simply double cable pattern alternating up and down that turned out really good. Its very loose, aka big, which is good for her big head. Haha. Anyway, I'll post some pics of them both the next time I do my hair and actually look decent enough to take pictures with them on.

till then....

Comments

Post a Comment