Wedding Countdown Ticker
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009
on Tuesday, February 24, 2009

So I am new to the whole "world of knitting". I decided to pick it up last November when I needed something to do on my monthly plane rides to Arizona other than reading a book. I learned quickly that I cannot knit on a plane because it gives me serious motion sickness but that is really beside the point.  

I realize that most people are self taught knitters like myself. But I feel like I'm the slowest, most mistake making knitter of all time. I am what I would consider an advanced beginner. What I want to be is and advanced expert so that I can make all of those beautiful, delicate cardigans that I see so many knitters making, but that is most likely going to take FOREVER being that I don't have anything other than a bunch of youtube videos and books to teach me. So alas, I am still learning to cable which is proving to be the bane of my existence.  Because for whatever reason I am creating large gaps in my knitting after I cable. A problem that even after researching (because apparently this doesn't happen to anyone else) I was not able to solve.  

This problem, along with my abnormally slow learning curve does not however deter me from continuing on my quest to become better.  As my ultimate goal, as I have stated before, is to knit a beautiful, wearable, cardigan for myself. In fact to further motivate myself I even bought this beautiful hand painted dark navy and turquoise yarn that I plan on making said cardigan with.

                                    

 Last night I decided to face my fear again and once again try cabling. So I did a little research and picked my pattern. I like to pick smaller items as they are faster and I am already slow enough as it is. Probably another reason I haven’t started something involved like a cardigan. So I came across this cute free cable knit purse pattern on  http://www.nguyen-le.blogspot.com/. She is my idol btw, I would LOVE to be able to knit like her. All of her things are so gorgeous. You must check out her page.   

Ok I’m starting to ramble. 

So here is the beginning of what I hope to be a purse.                                                                                                                                                                        

 

 

I’ll keep you posted. 

Comments

It is not my first time tο ρaу a quіcκ visit thiѕ web site, і аm νisiting this web site dailly and get fastiԁiοus fаctѕ
from hеrе all the time.

Feel freе to ѵisit my blog :: Arjun Kanuri


This design is wicked! You most certainly know how to keep a reader amused.
Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost.
..HaHa!) Fantastic job. I really loved what you
had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.
Too cool!

Here is my page ... reputation management for individuals


It's a shame you don't have a ԁonate buttοn!

I'd most certainly donate to this brilliant blog! I suppose for now i'll settle for book-mагking and adding yоur RSЅ feeԁ to my Google accοunt.

I lοoκ forwaгd to new updates аnd wіll talk аbout this ωebsitе ωith my
Fаceboοk grοup. Τalκ sоon!


my webѕite: Lloyd Irvin


Post a Comment