Wedding Countdown Ticker
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008
on Sunday, July 06, 2008

I am beyond tired right now. I worked evening shift last
night which means that I got off of work at
11:30 pm and, because they were short, I offered
to work day shift today instead of evening shift. The problem is that in doing this it only gives me exactly 8.5 hours between shifts with which I can use to get home, wind down, get ready for bed, fall asleep, wake up, get ready for work and get to work. And there were all kinds of factors that kept me from utilizing my full 8 hours for sleep like my roommates being awake and watching a movie, pets running amok all night long etc. So I'm running on about 2.5 hours right now and I feel like crap. I'm not a 4 hour a night kinda girl. I need my 8 hours. I always have. A friend was talking to me once about how he read that if you could just force you self to stay awake for 18 hours a day that your body would get used to it because the human adult doesn't need more than 6 hours.

Well if that's the case I am either:

a)not human
or
b) not an adult.

Because it didn't work. I thought I was going to die of sleep deprivation and was very close to calling out of work just to catch up on my sleep. I always meet/hear about these moms who can go on like 2-3 hours of sleep a day so that they can get all of their work done, and the housework and take care of the kids. They are like wonder woman. That is not me and I can tell you right now when I become a mom it still won't be.

So until energy drinks actually start working I'm doomed to a lifetime of either oversleeping or being tired all the time.

Comments

Post a Comment